The history of the origin of Welden goes back to the 6th and 9th years A.D., where a Franconian generation of vassals settled down. A parish church and an estate were documented between 1126 and 1179.

Already in 1402 the community was issued the right to hold markets. In 1598 the Dukes of Welden sold their tribal sovereignty to Max Fugger. The homes destroyed during the 30 Year War, were rebuilt from the stones of the broken castle in 1660.
Almost 100 years later, Graf Josef Maria Fugger let the rococo church "St. Thekla" be erected. In 1931 a convent was added to the church.

The church benefactor Joseph Maria Graf Fugger and the holy Thekla

The church benefactor Joseph Maria Graf Fugger and the holy Thekla

Rococo jewel St. Thekla and a part of the connected Carmelite convent

Rococo jewel St. Thekla and a part of the connected Carmelite convent